Crypto intelligence platform Messari plans to raise $35 million in financing at a $300 million valuation, according to a report by The Block, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Messari raised $21 million in an August 2021 round led by hedge fund billionaire Steve Cohen’s Point72 Ventures. The round was raised at a post-money valuation of $100 million, according to a report.
- Messari founder and CEO Ryan Selkis took to Twitter early Tuesday to comment on “market rumors” regarding the firm.
- “We’ve scaled to 130 people on zero net operating burn, had a record July, and are hiring $35mm worth of developers to help bring transparency and institutional-grade data tool to the crypto market,” Selkis said.
- Last week, the firm acquired crypto fundraising data provider Dove Metrics for an undisclosed amount.
- Messari did not respond to CoinDesk’s request for comment at press time.